The Miller Family

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Poor Berkley has been under the weather lately...

Poor Berkley has had a ROUGH 2 weeks...It all started 2 days after her 1 year immunizations...June 23rd.  Over the past two weeks she has not wanted to sleep at night or during the day...has been EXTREMELY fussy, not wanting to get down and play...and has wanted to be held all the time.  At 1:30am on Thursday June 30th she developed a fever...it was low grade but as the day went on she got up to 101.1.  She really didn't have any other symptoms other than the fever and irritability but I decided to take her in to see the doctor.  I did notice though she had a few little bumps on her chest that hadn't been there before...  Her doctor wasnt' there so we saw Dr. Eichenbrinier.  He was so good with Berkley.  He decided to check a white blood count.  It was 3500...this is a pretty low number which usually means its something viral...so the doctor thought it was probably just a virus running it's course.  I am still very suspicious because she got her MMR and chickenpox vaccines.  Both of which I think you can get a rash from.  The site where she got her MMR shot was extremely red and swollen too.  Well on Friday I was at work...Chris called me after their baths and told me that Berkley had a pretty bad full body rash.  I had to work Saturday too so I really didn't get to see the rash Friday night...On Saturday the rash had gotten worse...so Chris packed up the girls and came to see me at work.  One of the sweet pediatricians at work looked at Berkley and said she really thought it was just a viral rash.  She recommended we give her Zyrtec or Benadryl and use some 1% hydro- cortisone cream on her back where the eczema/rash is worse. 

After all of that being said...Berkley is finally starting to feel better!! :)  She is sleeping a little better and is finally wanting to get down and play.  She is still pretty fussy at times but honestly I think she has just really enjoyed her time in our arms.  She is still waking in the middle of the night and crying but this is getting better too! :)  She has been one sick little girl over the past year.  Please say an extra little prayer for her! :)

You can hardly see the rash in this pic...this pic is 2 days after the beginning of the rash...

shot site :(  10 days later...

No comments:

Post a Comment